The summer weather has been a perfect excuse to get outside and fire up the grill. My best friend Kristina and her husband Soren work at Trader Joe’s in the Bay Area, so I always get great insider tips on delicious new products! They recommended us to try the chimichurri sirloin steak with herb and garlic seasoning.
Tonight I decided to make some quick and easy steak tacos with some sweet white corn.
Onions and peppers slowly caramelizing on the grill…
Nothings better than cooking in the outdoors!
The steak is ready! It only took a few minutes to cook and was extremely tender (I like my steak medium rare). What’s great is that you simply pour the chimichurri sauce over the grilled steak, making the meat extremely flavorful and rich!
Sirloin steak tossed with the chimichurri sauce (Olive oil, cilantro, parsley, onion, garlic, red wine vinegar, basil, red bell pepper, chili pepper, lime juice, oregano, salt, black pepper and cumin = Delicious!)
I topped our tacos with sautéed bell peppers and onions, sweet cherry tomatoes and a creamy chili verde avocado sauce (just blend a ripe avocado with your favorite salsa!). I paired the steak tacos with a refreshing sparkling pink moscato produced by Amusant (under $7 at Trader Joes!).
When you don’t have a lot of time to make your meal from scratch, or your invited to an impromptu BBQ, Trader Joe’s chimichurri sirloin steak is a delicious find. Not to mention their wine and spirits section is a fun shopping experience, so many great drinks at very reasonable prices. Enjoy!
- 1 package Trader Joe's Chimichurri Sirloin Steak
- 1 package white corn tortillas
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 ears of white corn
- Vegetable oil
- 1 small can of chile verde sauce
- 1/2 avocado
- Prepare the vegetables by thinly slicing the red peppers and onions. Saute with enough vegetable oil to thinly coat the bottom of the pan until tender; season with salt and pepper, reserve.
- Slice cherry tomatoes into quarters, reserve.
- Blend the avocado and chili verde until you achieve a sauce consistency, reserve.
- Place shucked corn directly on the frill over medium high heat. Rotate every few minutes until corn is tender; approximately 20 minutes.
- Reheat peppers on onions in a foil packet on the grill while cooking the steak.
- Add the pieces of steak on the grill; cook a few minutes on each side. Allow the meat rest for a few minutes, then slice.
- Heat tortillas on the grill.
- To serve: Add steak slices, pepper and onion mixture, tomatoes and creamy chili verde sauce to corn tortilla.