Healthy Coleslaw with Greek Yogurt
Healthy coleslaw recipe made with a homemade nonfat Greek yogurt dressing. A nutritious side dish for those warm summer days!
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup green napa cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrots shredded
- 1 ear of corn cooked and kernels removed, or 1 cup canned
- 1 mango peeled and cut into slices
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- 8 mint leaves fresh, thinly sliced
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard or Dijon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice plus zest
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon chili pepper ground, more to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, corn kernels, and mango. Add avocado and mint leaves.
In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, mustard, lime juice, honey and chili pepper. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
Gently mix the dressing into the coleslaw until combined. Refrigerate if not consuming immediately.
Calories: 105kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 3400IU | Vitamin C: 81.7mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 0.5mg