All-American Potato Salad
A creamy All-American potato salad, perfect for summer barbecues and picnics. Tender russet potatoes and traditional ingredients for a tasty side dish!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time55 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt for cooking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup celery 1/8-inch dice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons red onions 1/8-inch dice
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 hard boiled eggs diced into 1/4"cubes
Peel the potatoes and cut them into 3/4-inch dice. Immediately place them in a large saucepan and add enough water to cover by 1 inch.
Boil water over medium-high heat.
Add 1 tablespoon salt, reduce heat to medium, and simmer. Stir a few times, until potatoes are fork tender, about 8 minutes.
Drain potatoes and transfer back to the pot.
Add vinegar and use a rubber spatula to toss gently to combine. Let stand for 20 minutes, the potatoes will still be warm.
In a large bowl, gently stir together potatoes, celery, mayonnaise, relish, onion, parsley, mustard, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, onion powder and chopped eggs. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour before serving. Garnish with more parsley, celery, and onion if desired.
- Potato salad can be made up to two days ahead. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 77mg | Sodium: 586mg | Potassium: 686mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Vitamin C: 42.1mg | Calcium: 30mg | Iron: 1.6mg