Mexican Street Corn Salad with Chipotle Dressing
Delicious grilled Mexican street corn salad recipe is a fiesta in a bowl! A healthy salad packed with fresh vegetables and creamy chipotle yogurt dressing.
Prep Time18 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 ears of corn 3 cups cooked kernels
- 1/2 cup red onion diced, ¼-inch dice
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper ¼-inch dice
- 1/2 cup cucumber ¼-inch dice
- 1 avocado ¼-inch dice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup queso fresco or cotija cheese
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt non-fat, plain
- 2 tablespoons lime juice and zest of one lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper ground, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- black pepper freshly ground, to taste
Lightly brush each corn cob with olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper.
Heat grill to high heat. Add a small amount of vegetable oil on a folded piece of paper towel, and then carefully grease the grill with the oil.
Once the grill is nice and hot, add the corn. Close the lid and cook about 2-3 minutes on each side, flipping and covering about 12 minutes total. You want to achieve some char marks on each side.
Set corn aside and allow to cool enough to handle.
Carefully cut the corn kernels off the cob on a cutting board.
In a large bowl combine corn, onion, bell pepper, cucumber, avocado, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro and ¼ cup of cheese.
In a medium-size bowl whisk together yogurt, lime juice, zest, chipotle pepper, cumin, and salt.
Slowly drizzle in olive oil and whisk into dressing until smooth. Taste dressing and add more salt and pepper as desired.
Right before serving, combine the salad with half the dressing. Drizzle the top of the salad with the remaining dressing as desired, crumble the remaining ¼ cup cheese, some chopped cilantro, and freshly ground pepper.
- Add diced avocado to 1 cup of water plus 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice and allow to soak for 5 minutes before draining and adding to the salad. This helps slow down the browning, especially if you are not serving the salad right away.
- 1 serving = 1 1/4 cup corn salad
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 266mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1950IU | Vitamin C: 77.6mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 0.7mg