Asian Soba Noodle Salad With Soy Dressing
Asian soba noodle salad with soy dressing is a flavor-packed dish. Bold soy citrus flavors infuse into crunchy vegetables and nutty buckwheat noodles.
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 3 servings
Soba Noodle Salad-
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 cup edamame beans shelled and cooked
- 1 cup red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup english cucumber thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup sugar snap peas cut in half diagonally
- 1/2 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green onions thinly sliced on a bias
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds toasted
- 1/3 cup cilantro fresh
- black pepper freshly cracked, as needed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sriracha or to your spicy level liking
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons grape seed oil or olive oil
In a large pot, fill with enough water to cover the pasta once added and bring to a boil. Cook the soba noodles according to the manufacturer's instructions, about 4 minutes. Drain and transfer noodles immediately into an ice bath to stop the cooking process. Drain the cooled noodles and lightly dry on a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine soba noodles and all of the cut vegetables and set aside.
In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all of the soy dressing ingredients except for the sesame oil and grapeseed oil. Gradually add the sesame oil and whisk until combined. Then slowly add the grapeseed oil and whisk until combined into an emulsified dressing. Pour dressing over the soba salad, and add sesame seeds and cilantro, toss to combine. Enjoy!
Calories: 541kcal | Carbohydrates: 71g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 708mg | Potassium: 644mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 18350IU | Vitamin C: 257.4mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2.5mg