Grilled Chicken Recipe
Grilled chicken recipe using a mix of dried spices such as paprika, cumin, garlic, onion, coriander, salt, and pepper. A quick BBQ meal ready in 30 minutes.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (8g)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (2g)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (2g) sweet or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (2g)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (1g)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (908g)
- olive oil enough to coat chicken and grease grill
Preheat grill over medium-high heat (400 to 450ºF / 204 to 232ºC).
Carefully grease the cooking grates with the oil.
Keep one burner off for indirect heat cooking.
In a small bowl combine salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and coriander.
Evenly season each side of the chicken with spice mixture, about 1/2 teaspoon per side.
Drizzle olive oil on both sides of the chicken, about 1 teaspoon per side. Rub the oil onto the surface of the chicken to evenly coat.
Sprinkle on more seasoning if desired.
Place the chicken on the direct heat side of the grill and close the lid.
Cook each side for about 5 to 8 minutes, depending on the thickness and type of chicken.
Flip the chicken and move over to the indirect heat side of the grill. Cook covered, until the recommended internal temperature is reached and chicken is fully cooked (see notes section).
Allow chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing or serving.
- Doneness Temperature: Cook chicken breast to an internal temperature of 160 to 165ºF (71 to 74ºC). Allow chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes to account for an increase in temperature due to carryover cooking.
- Grilling other chicken parts: Drumsticks (8-12 minutes per side), legs (10-15 minutes per side), thighs (10-15 minutes per side), wings (8-12 minutes per side).
- MAKE IT WHOLE30: Use extra-virgin olive oil and sea salt.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 145mg | Sodium: 1139mg | Potassium: 896mg | Vitamin A: 455IU | Vitamin C: 2.7mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 2.1mg