Easy homemade coleslaw recipe mixes crunchy shredded cabbage and carrots with a creamy dressing perfect for a side dish or sandwich topping.
Prep Time30 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage (230g, 8 ounces) ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage (115g, 4 ounces), ⅛-inch thick slices
- 1 cup shredded carrots (75g, 2 ½ ounces)
- ½ cup mayonnaise (120ml)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (30ml)
- 1 tablespoon honey (15ml)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar (10ml)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice (10ml)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed optional
In a medium-sized bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, honey, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and celery seeds if using.
In a large bowl combine the green cabbage, red cabbage, and carrots.
Right before serving, drizzle half of the coleslaw dressing and toss to combine.
Add more dressing as desired or serve the rest on the side.
- Quicker coleslaw: Use pre-shredded cabbage and carrots, and store-bought mayonnaise.
- The dressing makes ¾ to 1 cup.
- Add dressing right before serving because the cabbage starts to release water when combined with salt.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 347mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3978IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg