Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 35 mins
Total Time: 55 mins
Yield: 8 servings
A big bowl of vegetarian chili is the ultimate quick and easy comfort food. Multi-colored beans simmer in a mix of smokey, savory, and spicy seasonings.
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 cup (138 g) diced yellow onion ¼-inch dice
- 1 cup (138 g) diced red bell pepper ½-inch dice
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon (3 g) minced jalapeno
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon (8 g) chili powder
- 2 teaspoons (4 g) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon (1 g) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon (2 g) smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (145 g) corn kernels fresh, canned or frozen
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned red kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces (425 g) canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 19 ounces (822 g) diced fire-roasted tomatoes plus juice
- 16 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup (240 ml) vegetable broth
Heat a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, once hot add the onions, bell pepper, jalapenos, and salt. Cook until the vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, chipotle chili powder, and black pepper, cook until fragrant, 30 seconds.
Add the corn, kidney beans, pinto beans, black beans, and diced tomatoes, stir to combine.
Add the tomato sauce and vegetable broth. Stir the chili and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer and cook until the chili is slightly thickened about 20 to 25 minutes.
Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Serve chili in individual serving bowls and add desired toppings.
Calories: 228kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1204mg | Potassium: 728mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1068IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 101mg | Iron: 4mg
I want to see it! Tag me @jessica_gavin on Instagram.