Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
Yield: 8 servings
Looking for easy comfort food? This Instant Pot mac and cheese recipe is the answer! The pressure cooker allows you to skip the colander draining step.
- 1 pound (454 g) elbow macaroni shell or Cavatappi
- 3 cups (720 ml) water
- 1 teaspoon (6 g) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) dijon mustard or yellow mustard
- 3 cups (24 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups (173 g) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups (173 g) shredded Monterey jack cheese
- black pepper
Add noodles, water, salt, and mustard in the Instant Pot, stir to combine.
Make sure that the release valve is in the "Sealing" position.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn and lock.
Press "Manual" button on the Instant Pot on high pressure, and then set the timer to 5 minutes using the "+" or "-" buttons.
It will take about 10 minutes for the pot to heat up and build up pressure. You will see some steam release from the lid, and then the time will start on the display.
Once cook time is complete, turn off by pressing the “Cancel/Warm” button.
Carefully quick-release the pressure by turning the steam release handle on the lid to "Venting" position.
Carefully remove the lid, opening the top away from you as steam will be released from the pot.
Select "Saute" on the Instant Pot.
Add the evaporated milk. Stir occasionally until the sauce has warmed up, about 2 to 3 minutes.
Turn off the heat by hitting the “Cancel/Warm” button.
Gently stir in cheeses, about a ½ cup at a time, until completely melted and sauce is smooth.
Taste and season with more salt and pepper as desired. Serve warm.
- Dijon mustard can be substited for 1 ½ teaspoons of dried mustard.
- Store macaroni and cheese for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Reheat in small batches in the microwave on "High" power in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until warmed through.
Calories: 491kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 655mg | Potassium: 422mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 578IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 548mg | Iron: 1mg
I want to see it! Tag me @jessica_gavin on Instagram.