Asian Chicken Salad with Ginger Sesame Dressing
Asian chicken salad with ginger sesame dressing is a fresh and colorful dish. Crunchy vegetables are drizzled with a savory, sweet and tangy vinaigrette.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (454g, 16 ounces) pounded to 3/4-inch thick
- kosher salt as needed for seasoning
- black pepper as needed for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (15ml)
- 2 cups kale (85 g) lacinato or Tuscan, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup napa cabbage (43g) 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup red cabbage (43g) 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup carrots (71g) shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onions (7g) thinly sliced
- 2 cups romaine lettuce (57g) 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 cup fuji apple (184g) 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1/4 cup cashews (28g)
- 1 cup Fuji apples (184g) 1-inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (45ml)
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (15ml)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger (12g)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (4g)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (60ml)
Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, once hot add the chicken.
Cook for 5 minutes, flip and continue to cook until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes.
Transfer to a cutting board and cut into 1/2-inch slices.
In a large bowl combine kale, napa and red cabbage, carrots, green onions, lettuce, and apples.
For the dressing add to blender cashews, 1 cup Fuji apples, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and olive oil.
Process until smooth on medium high speed, about 1 minute.
Serving Size= 2 1/4 cup of chicken salad
MAKE IT WHOLE30: Use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce, raw cashews, and sea salt for kosher salt.
Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 10450IU | Vitamin C: 79.2mg | Calcium: 80mg | Iron: 2.9mg