An elegant roasted salmon and asparagus ravioli dinner recipe made in only 30-minutes!
What if I told you that all you need is six ingredients to create the ultimate dinner experience? I know, it’s hard to believe! I’ve got some fresh and flavorful ingredients when combined make a meal that everyone will enjoy. Plus, it’s a breeze for you to prepare!
My Italian-inspired roasted salmon and asparagus ravioli recipe is a nutritious seafood and vegetable dinner solution made in a flash. The minimal ingredients allow the quality and flavors of the food shine. I’m going to show you my tasty shortcuts to a quick and delicious dish, let’s go!
I know how hectic each day can be, where you crave a wholesome and satisfying meal. This salmon and pasta recipe will be a game changer!
Four Steps To Preparing A Quick and Easy Meal
- Chose Fast Cooking Protein: Seafood is packed with lean protein and cooks relatively quick. Salmon is roasted in under 15 minutes while you prepare the other elements of the meal, making it a speedy and low-maintenance ingredient.
- Just Add Vegetables: Fresh vegetables like asparagus cooks in minutes! When chopped up and boiled until tender and bright green, it’s simple to add to any dish. I used the hot pasta water to cook the greens at the very end of cooking, so you don’t have to use another pan. Less clean up the better!
- Select Fresh Pasta: I used Buitoni’s delicious fresh no GMO, clean label, vegetable-fused pasta. The three cheese asparagus ravioli gives an authentic Italian taste. This versatile pasta adds a simple elegance to your meal while maximizing your time.
- Sauce it!: If you want to add a little extra vibrant flavor to your meals, a classic pesto sauce is a nice addition. Although for this meal I chose Buitoni’s spinach and cheese pesto and mixed it with a little extra lemon juice for some zip!
The combination of heart-healthy salmon, nutrient-rich asparagus and freshly made Buitoni pasta and sauces makes you proud to say “dinner’s ready!” Because nothing is more satisfying than a dinnertime experience that brings a little joy to the end of your day.
One of my favorite time-saving cooking techniques is roasting. At a high temperature of 400°F in a hot oven, the salmon cooks to a moist and flaky texture in a snap!
Just a little bit of salt and pepper is all you need for seasoning, as the fish is already very flavorful. I like to slice up lemons to roast alongside the salmon because it creates a nice citrus sauce to squeeze on top. Yum!
Cooking for my Italian gentlemen at home (hubby and hungry toddler), choosing a high-quality fresh pasta that is made with love is essential. They literally can taste the difference! Just because you’re tight on time, doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice your high standards for flavor.
Buitoni pasta and sauce gives you the convenience and speed you need when preparing a home-cooked meal. I love that the ravioli dough has spinach blended into the pasta so my family can get the extra vegetables and nutrients they need.
My son James gobbled up the tender pasta pillows filled with creamy ricotta, parmesan cheese, and asparagus! If you have children, you know how challenging it can be to get them to eat their veggies. This pasta dish is an excellent compromise that everyone will keep requesting!
Simple, elevated and delicious! No one will know that it only took you 30 minutes or less to create this drool-worthy meal. A little bit of lemon pesto sauce is added to boost the flavor of the roasted salmon. The fresh Buitoni ravioli is lightly tossed in olive oil and topped with some freshly grated parmesan cheese to keep it classy.
See how easy it was to bring out your inner gourmand? Now that you’ve got everything plated and ready to devour – let’s serve it up!
Dinner doesn’t have to be complicated, just delicious! With just a few key wholesome ingredients that burst with flavor, a meal that stuns is just a few minutes away. The balance of lean protein, nutritious vegetables, and the freshest tender pasta, and you’ve got a fabulous meal made with ease, so you can completely enjoy the evening with your loved ones.
There are so many fresh pasta options from Buitoni that it will inspire you to create your own recipes. I can’t wait to hear what tasty and unique combinations you try!
What are easy ways to check if salmon is done cooking?
One of the most accurate ways is to use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness. For a medium cook, about 135 to 145°F is your temperature target, with the reading taken in the center of the thickest part of the fillet. Visually check for the flesh to change from an opaque orange color to a light pinkish hue. You can also use the tines of the fork to flake the salmon flesh, if it separates easily it’s ready. The thicker center takes longer to cook so check that area for the most accurate indication. Roasting fish typically takes about 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch, with most fillets being about 1-inch thick. Start checking around the 8 to 10-minute mark, then every minute after.
Roasted Salmon with Asparagus Ravioli
- 1 pound salmon, , cut into 4 even sized fillets
- kosher salt, , as needed for seasoning
- black pepper, , as needed for seasoning
- 1 pound asparagus, , tips cut into 3-inch long pieces
- 7 ounces pesto Sauce, (Buitoni)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 lemon sliced into 8 wedges
- 18 ounces ravioli, (Buitoni Three Cheese Asparagus Ravioli)
- olive oil, , as needed for lightly coating ravioli
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup baby tomatoes, sliced in half (optional)
- Set oven rack to the middle position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a sheet pan with foil and lightly coat with cooking spray or olive oil. Evenly spread out the salmon fillets and 8 lemon wedges on the tray. Generously season the fillets with salt and pepper. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 130-135°F. The fish should easily flake apart but not be dry. As the fish cooks, make the lemon pesto sauce and ravioli.
Lemon Pesto Sauce-
- In a small bowl combine 7 ounces Buitoni pesto sauce with 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Set aside,
- Bring 5 quarts water and 1 tablespoon olive oil to a boil. Add ravioli and reduce heat, boil gently for 7 minutes, stir frequently. Use a slotted spoon to transfer ravioli to a colander to drain. Keep the water boiling to cook the asparagus. Drizzle cooked ravioli with a small amount of olive oil to keep from sticking together.
- Add asparagus pieces to the boiling water. Cook until tender and bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To Serve- Add about 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup lemon pesto sauce to each plate (on one side). Remove salmon skins (if still on after roasting), and place each piece of salmon on top of the sauce. Evenly divide ravioli's and place on serving plate and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Add asparagus, sliced tomatoes (if desired) to each plate, and roasted lemon slices. Serve hot and enjoy!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.