Irresistibly crunchy Thai salad with creamy peanut dressing will be your new vegetable obsession! Each bite packs a powerhouse of fresh superfoods.
Crisp, satisfying and full of nutrients! This crunchy Thai salad tossed in a creamy peanut dressing will be your new salad addiction. Each bite contains a powerhouse of fresh superfoods and a peanut flavor punch to match.
If you are looking for a quick, wholesome and exciting meal that you can enjoy for dinner or pack for lunch the next day, this salad will make your taste buds super happy. A few chops with your chef’s knife and a blend of the sauce, and you’ve got your next veggie-packed meal ready in minutes.
This Thai salad screams summer, with the rainbow of colors and tropical mango slices it makes me want to hop on the next flight to Phuket!
It’s so easy to find the freshest produce and ripe fruit at the market right now. Summer is in high gear, and it’s like the grocery store is just giving away mangoes!
To balance the slight bitterness of the kale greens, mangoes, and sweet red bell pepper add just the right amount of natural sweetness.
I’d like to take a quick poll…
Raise your hand if you LOVE peanut sauce? You know, the kind you can usually find with chicken satay or served with shrimp spring rolls?
Yep, that’s what I thought. It makes you inner kid dance too! I can’t help it. I love the smooth, creamy, sweet, savory sauce with a touch of spice. I could add to ANYTHING. Dangerous I know, delicious 1000% guaranteed!
Not only is this Thai salad so tasty, but it’s also packed with those superfoods I mentioned up top! The kale, two types of cabbage, red bell peppers, carrots, green onions and lime juice are all some of the top nutrient-dense superfoods you can enjoy. Yes, you can have your cake and eat it too, but in this case, it would be a delicious salad with an addictive peanut sauce, ha!
After shooting the photos for this recipe, it was getting to be around 1 pm, and I couldn’t wait to gobble this salad up! Each forkful is so refreshing, plus the light drizzle of peanut sauce hit the spot. You can instantly turn this salad into an entree by adding some grilled tofu, chopped chicken, beef or shrimp.
How will you dig into this lovely salad, as is, or with some extra protein on top?
More Thai recipes
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #jessicagavin on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
What is the difference between peanut butter vs. peanut spread?
There are a lot of options on the market for peanut butter products. Peanut butter labeling is regulated by the FDA and must contain at least 90% by weight of peanuts. There also may not be any added artificial colors, preservatives or sweeteners. The other 10% can be seasoning and stabilizing ingredients like salt, sugar, palm oil or peanut oil for example. If the amount of non-peanut ingredients exceeds 10%, then it would be labeled as a spread. You have most likely seen natural ground peanut butter separate over time and have oil on the top when you open the jar. Oils like palm oil are added when processing the product to prevent separation and make a more creamy spreadable product.
- 2 cups kale , thinly sliced, or baby kale
- 1 1/2 cups napa cabbage , thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups red cabbage , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup carrot , shredded
- 1 mango , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro , chopped
- 8 mint leaves , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon green onions , thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanuts , roasted, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup peanut butter , natural creamy or smooth
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey , or pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce , low sodium
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger , minced
- 1 clove garlic , roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large bowl add kale, cabbage, bell pepper, carrot, mango, cilantro, mint, and green onions. Set aside and make the dressing.
- In a blender add peanut butter, lime juice, honey, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil, sriracha, ginger, garlic, and water.
- Puree until smooth and combined, about 1 minute. Alternatively, the ingredients can be whisked together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add more water if needed to thin out the dressing if desired. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- To Serve: Gradually add enough dressing to coat the salad, toss to combine. Drizzle with more dressing if there is any remaining. Top with freshly cracked black pepper and chopped peanuts.
- Serving Size= 1 1/2 cups of salad
- If you like the dressing less sweet, start with 1 tablespoon honey and gradually add more to taste.
More Popular Salad Recipes
SHOP THE RECIPE TOOLS
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my website.