A delicious 30-minute honey hoisin pork tenderloin recipe infused with savory and fresh Asian-inspired flavors. Served with a healthy creamy carrot puree.
Are you looking for a flavorful and easy to prepare Asian-inspired meal for your weekday dinner? This honey hoisin pork tenderloin recipe is a great option. It’s not only simple, but it also looks like you could have spent hours in the kitchen!
This meal is served with a super smooth and creamy carrot ginger puree as a great healthy side. I’ve been making this particular recipe for my family for almost a decade, so I’m so excited to share this tasty dish with you!
The combination of hoisin sauce, soy, honey, garlic, ginger and green onions in the savory sweet marinade add a ton of flavor to each pork slice. The pork is seared in a hot pan for a few minutes to create a golden amber surface from Maillard Browning reaction. To finish cooking the tenderloin, it’s roasted in the oven to keep it moist and juicy.
Carrot ginger puree is a super smooth and creamy side dish that is an excellent alternative to heavier grains like rice and potatoes. The natural sweetness from the carrot and kick from the ginger is a perfect accompaniment to the honey-hoisin pork tenderloin. I also like to serve stir-fried bok choy or green beans.
The intensely sweet and savory flavors of the honey hoisin sauce, plus the pungent green onions, ginger, and garlic provide a nice kick to the sauce! Nothing is easier than only having to prepare one sauce for the marinade and garnishing the delicious pork. This is going to spice up your weekly dinner plans!
More Chinese recipes you might like
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #jessicagavin on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
How to achieve a beautiful colored sear
Briefly searing the pork tenderloin on a saute pan over high heat is the best way to create a beautiful golden brown color on the surface of the meat before finishing the cooking in the oven. The goal is just to add color, not to cook the meat all the way through in the pan on top of the stove. Unless you are broiling the meat in the oven, it’s difficult to achieve the caramel color. This is because the transfer of heat through the air is much less efficient and intense than through direct contact with the hot oil.
Honey-Hoisin Pork Tenderloin with Carrot Ginger Puree
Honey Hoisin Pork Tenderloin-
Carrot Ginger Puree-
- 3 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Honey Hoisin Pork Tenderloin-
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, lightly grease and set aside.
- Combine 2 tablespoons green onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, water, minced garlic, and minced ginger in a small bowl.
- Add the pork tenderloin to a large plastic resealable bag. Pour ¼ cup of the honey hoisin sauce mixture into the plastic bag, coating the pork tenderloin. Seal and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour, turning the bag occasionally. You can also marinate overnight. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. When the oil is hot, carefully remove the pork from the marinade and add to the pan.
- Sear and brown each side for 1 minute, 4 sides and 4 minutes total.
- Transfer the seared pork to the sheet tray lined with foil. Bake at 400°F for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140-160°F (depending on the desired degree of doneness).
- Begin preparing the carrot ginger puree as the pork is roasting in the oven.
Carrot Ginger Puree-
- In a medium-sized pot, add carrots, onion, fresh ginger, and garlic.
- Cover the ingredients with water, until the water reaches about an inch above. Boil the ingredients until the carrots are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked ingredients and 3/4 teaspoon salt to a blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Add the oil to the puree, and blend for 1 minute. Taste and season with more salt if desired.
- Once the pork is removed from the oven, glaze the outside of the pork with about a tablespoon of the sauce. Sprinkle the glazed pork with the sesame seeds, so that they adhere to the surface. Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes. Cut the pork across the grain into thin slices.
- Warm the honey hoisin sauce before serving, either on the stove or in a microwave for about a minute
- Add about ¼ cup of warm carrot ginger puree to each serving dish. Place overlapping slices of pork tenderloin on top of the puree. Drizzle the tenderloin slices with warm honey hoisin sauce. Garnish with freshly sliced green onions. Serve with your favorite vegetable or rice if desired.
More Popular Pork Recipes
Shop the Recipe Tools
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting my website.