Roasted spicy garlic shrimp recipe cooked in one pan and ready in 30 minutes or less! Succulent shrimp and vegetables is a healthy weeknight meal.
Look no further, this one pan spicy garlic shrimp is exactly what you should make for dinner tonight. Everything gets cooked on one trusty sheet pan, and you let the oven do all of the work. I promise that it will take you longer to research other recipes when all you have to do is chop, toss, and chill.
This delicious low carb seafood dinner is ready in 30 minutes or less. If you’re looking for a fast, healthy and flavor bursting recipe, it’s all right here. Trust me, preheat that oven to 400 degrees and you’ll have dinner ready in a snap!
How to make garlic shrimp
It all starts with a quick chop of fresh zucchini and sliced ripe baby tomatoes tossed in olive oil and some salt and pepper. That’s it! I like to roast the vegetables and some lemon wedges for 5 minutes on a half sheet baking pan before I add the shrimp, so it gets a little head start to cook because the vegetables need a bit more time to become tender.
While the vegetables roast, I toss the shrimp with bold spices like chipotle chili pepper, red chili flakes, paprika, and cumin. A ton of minced garlic, a twist of lemon juice and olive oil gets tossed into the mix. The oven timer beeps and then I add the spiced shrimp evenly spread across the top of the vegetables. Once those succulent shrimp curl into the shape of the letter “C” and pink, they are ready!
This one-pan roasted spicy garlic shrimp low carb recipe is ready to be served as is. But you can also take it a step further if you want to serve it with another side. The Italian hubby requested some carbs with the shrimp, so I made a light angel hair pasta which only took 2 minutes to cook. Simply squeezing roasted lemon on top everything was so delicious!
More shrimp recipes
- Shrimp Pasta with Lemon Garlic Sauce
- Shrimp Skewers with Pineapple Sauce
- Shrimp Pad Thai with Vegetable Noodles
If you make this recipe, please let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #jessicagavin on Instagram. I’d love to see what you come up with. Cheers, friends!
How can you tell when shrimp is fully cooked?
Succulent shrimp is one of the best quick meals because it cooks in a matter of minutes. Shrimp come in many sizes which can determine how fast it cooks. I usually use 16/20 count medium-sized shrimp. The numbers tell you about how many shrimp you will get per pound. Shrimp is a light translucent gray color when raw. Then the proteins transform to an opaque whitish peach color. This only takes about 6 to 8 minutes roasted at 400-degrees in the oven. You will see the shrimp curl up to a loose “C” shape when done. If it looks like a tight “O” shape, it may be close to getting overcooked. Keep an eye, practice, and you’ll be a pro!
One Pan Spicy Garlic Shrimp with Vegetables
- 3 cups zucchini, sliced, ¼ inch thickness
- 2 cups baby tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 lemon, sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined, 16/20 count
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- tablespoon zest of 1 lemon, plus 1lemon juice
- 5 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/2 cup cilantro, minced
- Place rack in the center of the oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray or lightly grease with olive oil.
- In a medium-sized bowl toss zucchini and tomatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Evenly spread vegetables on a sheet pan and add lemon wedges. Roast for 5 minutes.
- In the same bowl add shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ teaspoon paprika, ¾ teaspoon cumin, ¼ teaspoon chipotle pepper, ¼ teaspoon chili flakes, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and garlic.
- Evenly place shrimp on top of the vegetables. Roast for 6-8 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
More Popular Seafood Recipes
Shop the Recipe Tools
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you!