Superfood pomegranate chocolate chia pudding is an easy and delicious breakfast solution packed with nutritious ingredients! This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CarnationBreakfastEssentials #CollectiveBias #sponsored
We all have those crazy mornings where we’re sprinting out the door, but wishing we had time to enjoy a nutritious breakfast. As a busy health conscious working mom, I’m trying to get everyone nourished and ready for the day.
I have a recipe for pomegranate and chocolate chia pudding cups that are easy to make and loaded with superfoods. With a little meal prep, you’re going to have a delicious breakfast or an energizing snack. If you have just 5 minutes to stir, pour and let the chia seeds do their magic, these pudding cups are for you!
Do you want to know my secret for a quick, easy and flavorful breakfast that everyone will enjoy? It’s a few simple ingredients combined for a fun recipe with added benefits. Here are the key ingredients to make this superfood pomegranate chia pudding:
How to Make Chia Pudding
- Chia Seeds- An incredible superfood due to its tremendous nutritional benefits like omega-3-fatty acids, easily digestible protein, iron, antioxidants, calcium, and fiber.
- Liquid– When the fiber in chia seeds combine with a liquid, a gel-like layer is created around the outside and thickens the mixture into a pudding. Liquids like milk (dairy, nut, soy for example), juice like pomegranate, cranberry or peach work well for chia pudding.
- Yogurt– Adds a creamier texture, additional protein, and probiotics to the pudding. You can use dairy, Greek-style or plant based yogurt to give a nice texture.
- Add-In’s– Increase the nutritional benefits by adding fresh fruit like pomegranate arils, berries, a little bit of dark chocolate, or even a nutritional powdered drink like Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powder.
- Ratio– What I’ve found works best is a mixture of 1/4 cup chia seeds, 1 cup liquid and 1 cup yogurt for just the right pudding texture.
- Time- Once the chia seeds, liquid, and yogurt are added together the mixture needs at least 1 hour to thicken. Overnight provides the best thickness, so it’s perfect for meal prepping so you can grab and eat!
One of the simplest ways to boost your chia pudding with added nutrition is with Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powder. Each packet adds 13 grams protein, 4 grams fiber and 21 vitamins and minerals in flavors like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, chocolate malt or dark chocolate.
For this pomegranate and chocolate chia pudding, I used the new Carnation Breakfast Essentials® Light Start™ rich chocolate flavor for one of the pudding layers. It contains the same nutrients but with fewer calories and sugar and comes in a delicious chocolate and vanilla flavor. The nutritional drinks are super convenient to have for any time you need a quick breakfast or snack, and can be used in various recipes like smoothies, or even in baked goods. So many ways to get creative!
The flavors of this chia pudding are incredible for a few tasty reasons. The chocolate layer flavored by Carnation Breakfast Essentials® powder gives an indulgent cocoa flavor without all of the unwanted calories. The fruity pomegranate layer has just the right amount of natural sweetness and tartness.
The combination together is like a dream! I added some fresh pomegranate arils for a burst of juicy fruit flavor and phytonutrients. A few dark chocolate shavings add flavor and antioxidants. Superfoods like chia, pomegranate, and cocoa provide nutrient-rich ingredients that are considered to be especially beneficial for well-being.
If there is one thing to look forward to in the morning, make it breakfast time! These tiny superfood chia seeds are magical, naturally transforming a simple mixture into a spectacular meal. This recipe makes four generous 1 cup servings, so you can place each layer in a sealable container and add your favorite toppings, so they are ready even if you are still just waking up.
What new ways will you add Carnation Breakfast Essentials® to your meals? What flavor will you try first? I would love to hear in the comments section. Rise and shine friend!
What is the nutritional profile of chia seeds and what are ways to use them?
These teeny tiny seeds are nutrient packed and promote long-lasting energy. In just one ounce (2 tablespoons) of seeds, contain 4.6 grams proteins, 9.6 grams fiber, 8.6 grams healthy fat and 136 calories (Source: LiveStrong.com). Each serving of chia pudding for this recipe contains two tablespoons, so you are getting all of that incredible nutrition. Some of my favorite ways to add them to recipes are in smoothies, chia jams, popsicles, salad dressing or even in baked goods! When creating new recipes, start with a tablespoon at a time to determine how much needed to add nutrition or texture.