Stir-fried garlic noodles served with tender pieces of chicken and healthy vegetables. This fast Asian recipe is perfect for weeknight meal time and is easily adjustable to feed a crowd.
Delicious stir-fried garlic noodles recipe mixed with flavorful chicken and vegetables. Do you have a wok in your kitchen cabinets? It’s time to break it out! If not, any large pan with high sides will work. If you’re considering buying one, I recommend it. It cooks food quickly, and it’s easy to clean afterward.
So how fast does it take to make this dish? It took less than 15 minutes to cook in the wok! While the noodles were boiling, I stir-fried the chicken thighs and vegetables, making sure the snow peas stayed green and crisp.
Slightly chewy and thick garlic noodles are the key to this irresistible dish. I found some thick spaghetti from my local grocery store. They were just the right width to soak up all of the yummy flavors of the sauce and not fall apart once mixed with the protein and vegetables.
Fresh vegetables and savory chicken with garlic noodle sauce will bring good luck and longevity. The addition of hot chili sauce gives just the right amount of heat to wake you up, but not break a sweat. Balancing spicy and savory flavor with a hint of sweetness makes each bite so good. Slurping is allowed. We are on the right tasty track to longevity, whoo hoo!
Chinese stir-fry recipe you might also like
What are tips for successfully cooking in a wok?
Woks are unique because the bottom is a round dome. This creates a large surface area so that food can be prepared quickly. It’s important to preheat the wok and oil over medium-high to high heat before adding the ingredients so that the food gets a nice sear and stays warm throughout the cooking process. You want to stir-fry not steam the food. Make sure that all of the meat pieces and vegetables are cut into similar sizes (about 2 inch long pieces), this ensures even cooking. Because the cooking is within minutes, organize yourself so that all of the ingredients are in small bowls and ready to go, so you can just grab and fry.
Pin this recipe to save for laterPin This
Stir-Fried Garlic Noodles with Chicken
- ⅓ cup soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoons sambal oelek, or sriracha, hot chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger, freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces spaghetti, thick spaghetti recommended
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or grapeseed oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup snow peas
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, chopped fresh
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, sambal oelek, oyster sauce, ginger, sesame oil, and garlic then set aside.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain well. Meanwhile cook the chicken and vegetables.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture and cook, occasionally stirring, until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes then transfer to a clean bowl.
- Add to the wok mushrooms, bell pepper, carrots, and snow peas. Cook, frequently stirring, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in noodles, chicken and remaining soy sauce mixture until well combined, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro.
- You can substitute whole grain, gluten free or other thick noodles for the spaghetti.
- You can omit the hot chili sauce for a more savory sweet sauce.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000-calorie diet. All nutritional information is based on estimated third-party calculations. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods, and portion sizes per household.
Tried this recipe?
Tag me on Instagram. I'd love to see how it turns out!